Join us for an evening of learning, social connection, and space to explore your questions about how best to support the gender creative children and youth in your life.
This workshop will be facilitated by the fabulous Lux who works closely with trans youth and their families through the Youth Clinic. Topics may shift depending on interests of the group, but will likely include: pronoun basics, gender affirming approaches to supporting young people, introductions to gender/sex/sexuality, resources (local, provincial, online). There will be time for questions.
When: Monday, October 7.
– Dinner and drop-off for childminding 5:30-6:00pm.
– Workshop 6:00-7:30pm.
Where: Saanich Neighbourhood Place, 3100 Tillicum Rd, Victoria, BC
Cost: Free. Bus tickets and childminding available onsite.
- We encourage people to arrive to this event scent-free, but can’t confirm a scent free space.
- There are no stairs to enter the building.
- There are single stall gender neutral washrooms.
- While we have chairs, we welcome you to bring a cushion or anything that will help you to feel comfortable during the workshop. Participants are welcomed to stand/stretch/move as necessary.
- Dinner of soup (vegan, gluten free) and bread will be available.
- Childminding will be provided by experienced childminders in a play space catered towards young children. Babes in arms welcomed at the workshop. If you have any questions about childminding, or wish to let us know that you will be bringing children (not required, but welcomed) please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.